10 Things You Should Know About Techweek New York – Monday, Sept. 29th
Techweek is a self-proclaimed nation’s leading tech conference and festival. It acts as a platform for showcasing local innovation in a gathering comprising of established tech-industry heavyweights and future leaders in five emerging tech hubs.
Techweek runs 5 days of events with a climax 2-day conference and technology expo. The hosted events include the LAUNCH startup competition, Techweek GT Office Tours, FashionTECH Runaway Show and film, music and food festivals. The following is a snippet of the series of event to expect at Techweek New York 2014:
- Introducing the Social Innovation Summit to New York – Friday morning’s Summit gathers leaders to explore how technology can be leveraged, impact investment and cross-sector partnerships to accelerate social impact. Speakers will include:
- Michael Slaby – Managing Partner, Timshel.
- Nyla Koncurat – Managing Partner, Karlani Capital.
- John Simon – Founding Partner, Total Impact Advisors
This will be open to all attendees. For more information, click here.
- Breaking News – Jonathan Ellis (Managing Editor, Mashable) will speak next Friday afternoon with Kiki Von Glinow (Deputy Managing Editor, HuffingPost) and John Hall (CEO, Influence+ Co.) To see all speakers click here.
- 40+ Finalists Confirmed for the Startup LAUNCH Competition – New York’s best early-stage startups all prepped up to battle will on Thursday afternoon compete for a spot in the final five. Make it a point to attend and meet up with startup founders as they pitch their businesses. For more information about the LAUNCH click here.
- CEOs on 20+ Industry Leading Panels – Techweek New York will be covering a lot of ground all week. With CEO like Jonah Peretti (Buzzfeed), Mark Josephson (Bitly), Kathryn Minshew (The Muse) and more headlining, you won’t want to miss the discussion and insight from these tech innovators. For more information about the schedule of events, click here.
- Private Screening of The Internet’s Own Boy – The film delves deep into the saga of programming prodigy and information activist Aaron Swartz. Director Brian Knappenberger will join for a Q&A at Soho House following the screening on Tuesday evening. For more information, follow this link.
- FashionTECH Runway Show – Showcasing both outfits and accessories, the Friday night event highlights wearable technology, leaders in e-commerce, and innovative fashions. Get more information here.
- Hiring Fair – Polish up your resume and bring a stack of business cards to this Friday afternoon networking opportunity. Introduce yourself to NBC, Uber, DIRECTV, Quirky and others looking for talent in New York. More info. here.
- Kickoff Party Overlooking the High Line – When Beyonce was looking for a place to shot (her second highest debut video of her career as a solo artist) Love on Top video, she chose the Canoe Studios to do so. Techweek New York 2014 also chose the same venue for their launchpad event, so be assured of a great experience at a venue celebrities prefer. For more information follow this link.
- LAUNCH Happy Hour – After an afternoon of hearing pitches and meeting founders, stop on by Bar Techweek for the LAUNCH Happy Hour Thursday evening presented by McGladrey.
- Daily Disruption Hackathon hosted by General Assembly – Join the city’s best programmers for Friday’s all-day frenzy of fun, camaraderie and building. For more information click here.