Alcatel-Lucent named Industry Group Leader for Technology Hardware & Equipment sector in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review
Recognition for the fourth year running of Alcatel-Lucent and Bell Labs’ “consistent definition of standards in eco-innovation in the information and communications technology industry”
Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has today been named by S&P Dow Jones Indices, one of the world’s largest providers of financial market indices, and RobecoSAM, the investment specialist focused exclusively on sustainability investing, as leader of the Technology Hardware & Equipment industry group in the 2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices review with an overall score of 91/100.
- In its 2014 report on Alcatel-Lucent, DJSI/Robeco SAM said: “Alcatel-Lucent and its research organization Bell Laboratories have continued to lead the discussion on eco-innovation and communications technology (ICT) industry.”
- The company continued its active role in defining international standards in ICT energy efficiency and developing a greenhouse gas emissions reporting methodology through collaboration with global institutes such as the WBCSD and the World Resources Institute.
- Alcatel-Lucent also leveraged its leadership position to promote digital inclusion and digital literacy among disadvantaged communities throughout the world in particular through the work of Alcatel-Lucent Foundation.
- The company also received top industry scores in Code of Conduct/Compliance/Corruption&Bribery as well as in Supply Chain Management.
- This is the fourth year in a row, Alcatel-Lucent has been recognized in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. The company was named Technology Supersector Leader in 2012 and leader of the CMT Communications Technology Sector in 2011.
- Launched in 1999, the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices pioneered tracking of the financial performance of the world’s leading sustainability-driven companies. Based on the cooperation of Dow Jones Indexes and RobecoSAM, it provides asset managers with reliable and objective benchmarks to manage sustainability portfolios. In addition to financial performance, the index assesses a comprehensive range of sustainability areas, including environmental, management of human resources, community support and philanthropic.
To read full details of how Alcatel-Lucent performed in the 2014 DJSI review, and how it achieved its status as Industry Group Leader to Technology Hardware & Equipment, please visit this link.
Read DJSI’s full press release here.
For more information on Alcatel-Lucent’s Sustainability priorities and activities, please visit this link.