Applications For 2nd Annual Great Tech Awards On-Going
The UK Trade & Investment (UKTI) and the British Consulate General New York are hosting The GREAT Tech Awards. A competition for US tech-companies looking to expand overseas, which will send winners on a trip to London to explore the tech scene in the UK through a bespoke business development programme, which will include:
- One-round-trip airplane ticket from New York to London during the week of 2nd November 2014.
- 5 night’s accommodation plus breakfast at the 5 star Corinthia Hotel London.
- A meeting with a senior representative from Number 10 Downing Street.
- A customised business development programme in London (w/c 2nd Nov) including one-entry pass to the Innovate Conference (5-6 November).
- Legal services provided by Taylor Wessing valued at $4,500 per winner.
- Accountancy services provided by Propel valued at $15,000 per winner.
- Mentorship sessions from respected UK business leaders – Rohan Silva, Harriet Fear, Dr Geoff McGrath, Sir John Sorell, Farah Ramzan-Golant and Alastair Lukies.
- A 3 month office space in East London, for 2 employees provided by Second Home.
The Great Tech Awards application is open to all tech business that are looking for the right networks to grow their business. The application period opened on June 1st and will close on August 1st. To apply follow this link.
The applicant tech companies can be based in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut or Pennsylvania and can apply with the following categories:
- Internet of things
- Lifestyle and media.
There is another award category, dubbed the Best of British award which will go to a UK company which has already set up operations in any of the above four mentions US states. Tech companies under this category will be judged based on their growth from the UK to US, how innovative their products are, their service or company model and their potential for business growth in the US.
For more details on the award packages, competition rules, judging criteria, advisory board members who will be doing the selections and the sponsors of The Great Tech Awards, follow this link.
On Tuesday, July 15th, the event organizers will be co-hosting a reception with Made in NY Media Center by IFP in a bid to promote the awards and share with stakeholders all the details pertaining to the prize packages and the various awards. To participate in the Tuesday event, you can register by following this link. They will also be hosting various roadshow to the run up to the event.