Suggested URL: Unsplash
It’s no secret that social media is one of the best ways to improve brand awareness. Not only are you putting your brand front and center, but you’re also able to interact with your audience in unique ways. But if you want to develop a digital marketing strategy, you’ll need to do more.
How to Create a Digital Marketing Strategy
To create a digital marketing strategy that works, you’ll need to set up effective marketing channels. These include your website, social media, and other channels that connect you with your primary audience. You’ll also need to come up with a goal that guides your strategy.
Here are the 10 steps you should take to create an effective marketing strategy:
- Specify Your Goals: Have a measurable goal. Some great goals include raising brand awareness, increasing organic traffic, getting more followers, or making more sales.
- Identify Your Target Audience: Understand who you’re selling to. Audience identification will include things like age group, occupation, education, and marital status.
- Understand Users Needs: Figure out what your audience needs and how they express this need via search engines. This will help you figure out their search intent.
- Create a Content Library: Start building your digital assets. These include text, visual, video, interactive, and PDF-style content. Use a variety to keep your audience engaged.
- Build an SEO Strategy: Build your SEO strategy as soon as possible. You’ll need to work on technical, on-page, and off-page SEO. This will reduce dependency on ads.
- Use a Paid Ad Strategy: While your SEO strategy is cooking, use paid ads to attract attention. Run pilot campaigns and A/B testing to avoid wasting money on campaigns.
- Leverage Email Marketing: An email list (built by collecting users’ emails) can help you convert the same customer more than once. Use an opt-in to encourage sign-ups.
- Try New Channels: Don’t just stick to one marketing channel, as it’ll be difficult to stay competitive. Branch out to Tik-Tok, optimizing content for voice search, and more.
- Retargeting and Personalization: A person is more likely to convert if they see the same ad more than 7 times. Use that info to retarget and leverage personalization.
- Focus on Conversion Optimization: Track your data to understand what makes your audience more likely to convert. Use landing pages to maximize conversion rates.
Remember to apply these tips to all of your channels. Be sure to evaluate and revise your strategy regularly, so you can make your already effective channels even more effective.