How little most people know about programmers. Many people think that they are engaged in repairing equipment or hacking. And not everyone understands that these specialists develop software for computers. After all, technical devices speak machine language, in which you need to write instructions for performing the necessary actions
Specialists in the development, adjustment of programs and algorithms for computing and operating technology, as well as specialists in writing codes for them using the method of mathematical modeling, are called programmers.
Programs are understood as:
1. the operating system of the computer, such as Windows;
2. computer game;
3. mobile or web application;
4. algorithms for the operation of technical devices (both a computer and a microwave oven).
Various programming languages are used for work. They can vary depending on the type of program, so the specialist must know at least a couple of languages. The most demanded ones are Python, Java, C ++, PHP, C #, Perl.
The programming profession is creative, despite all the myths that writing code is boring. The field of activity of specialists is very extensive: from companies that create computer games and industrial organizations to rocketry, scientific institutes, and software consulting.
And this is what a programmer’s job is:
· Compilation of algorithms for solving scientific and technical problems.
· Analyzing ready-made programs created by foreign companies and determining their effectiveness and the possibility of using them to meet the requirements of the employer.
· Development of various kinds of programs based on algorithms and mathematical models used to solve technical problems.
· Unification and typification of computing processes.
· Development of forms of documents to be processed by machine.
· Creation of services for automatic translation into programming languages.
· Development of layouts and schemes for entering, issuing, processing and storing information.
· Testing and fixing bugs in developed programs.
· Creation of instructions for programs.
· Development and implementation of automatic solution methods for typical, standard tasks.
· Participation in design work to expand the scope of computer technology.
· Development and improvement of programming products.
· Launching the software.
· Explanation in simple words of conditions and instructions for working with programs for ordinary users.
· Creation and implementation of various system capabilities for automatic program checking.
More info on djangostars.com.
Advantages and disadvantages of the profession
This profession has the following positive aspects:
1. Demand and a large number of vacancies from employers.
2. Lack of a strict schedule. It is possible to work both in the office and remotely.
3. High income.
4. Diverse and interesting tasks, scope for creativity and creativity.
5. You do not need a higher education diploma if you have knowledge and ability to program.
There are also disadvantages:
· Constant stressful situations, rush jobs.
· Passive lifestyle.
· It is often necessary to explain complex terms in simple terms.
· Frequent obsolescence of technology and knowledge due to the rapid development of the IT sphere.