Like all other LG phones, LG G3 is also a value for money product, offering great features. However, there is a little glitch with this phone, i.e., LG G3 won’t turn on completely and remain stuck at the LG logo sometimes.
In addition to that, LG G3 won’t charge. These issues are frequently being faced by many LG G3 users and have been discussed on several web forums. This article discusses few solutions that can fix these two issues.
Fixing “Not Charging” problem
- Try to change the charger and cable. Take out battery and leave it out for 10-15 minutes and put it back in the phone. The issue probably gets fixed since low-quality batteries sometimes need discharging for lithium ion chemical revamps.
Plug the phone to the charger and then turn the phone back on. Now put the battery back in and let it charge for at least an hour.
- LG G3 smartphone may not charge because the battery has been installed incorrectly. Furthermore, battery might malfunction when it gets heated up due to excessive use of the phone or heavy applications running on the phone. This might occur when battery is plugged into the charger whole night. For this, remove the back cover and reinstall the battery.
- LG G3 might face the ‘not charging’ issue when charging port no longer connects and reads the charger. This requires either soldering or replacing the motherboard.
- Replace the battery if none of the above solutions fixes the issue of ‘not charging’ in LG G3.
Fixing “Not Turning On” problem
- Doing “soft reset” might fix the issue of ‘not turning on’. To do this, hold the power button for more than 5 seconds and the phone will come back to life.
- It can be fixed by holding the power button with the volume up button or by just pressing together the power button, volume-up button and home button till the phone vibrates. Leave the hold on the power button only and keep pressing the other two buttons until Android recovery screen appears. Now use volume-down button and select hard factory reset option and then select it with the power button.
- Plug LG G3 phone into the charger, even if battery of the device is not empty. Let it charge for at least 15-20 minutes and after that press the Power button to turn on the phone.
- Many users have reported that this issue was solved by removing the battery and putting it back in after few minutes.
- Remove battery and plug your smartphone into the charger for half an hour. Now put the battery back in and try to turn device back on.