Huawei released P8 Lite in April 2015. It was highly regarded as an excellent budget alternative. It might have not been moto-levels of good but in all areas that matter, P8 Lite provides plenty of goodies for a wallet-friendly price. Sadly, users of Huawei P8 Lite smartphones are experiencing issue of microphone on calls. Few tests have shown that second microphone of Huawei P8 Lite, responsible for the noise cancellation, is incredibly sensitive. When it is moved or scrubbed with finger it’s almost impossible for the other side to hear what is said. Microphone works good on loudspeaker during call but in normal, caller cannot hear what is said. The reason it only works in loudspeaker is that it activates another microphone. Several solutions have been suggested by people while discussing the issue on different forums. Here are listed few solutions below:
Fix Microphone Problem in Huawei P8 Lite
- According to some users, it is a hardware issue and replacing microphone fixes the problem.
- Get microphone repaired.
- Close other communication apps for instance, Viber, Skype, Messenger, etc. that might be running, before making a call. It seems like these apps come into some kind of conflict with each other.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Phone and clear Phone app data and then provide app permissions to microphone. If already given, tap it off and back again.
- Many users of Huawei P8 Lite have suggested to replace the smartphone since it seems to be a hardware issue.
- Turning phone off and back on fixed the issue for some users.
- Some users said this problem relies on Google app. Disabling the “Ok Google” recognition on the phone, microphone works as it is.
- Make it sure that all apps on phone are up-to-date. Do software repair. It will wipe the phone and install a fresh version of Android on the phone. Basically, it fixes all the software related issues.
- Upgradation to 5.1.1 fixes the issue of microphone.
- Following steps fixed the issue for some users:
- Clear the data in Apps > All > Phone/Call
- Disable all the apps in Permission control that had the permission to: record, initiate call, initiate multiple party calls and write MMS, except the system apps that might use microphone.