In Android phones, users are experiencing the issue that when they try to reply to a group conversation in Messages app with a Bitmoji, it opens a new message and attaches it there. However, in the Message+ app for texting, photos can be attached but users are unable to attach GIFs or Bitmoji. Error message appears saying “Sorry, you cannot add this image to your message.” Moreover, if it is done in backward way, i.e., start with selecting the Bitmoji from the Bitmoji app and then selecting to send via Message+, it will work but it is annoying way to jerry-rig using this. This issue has been discussed on several web forums and people have presented various solutions to fix this issue. Here are mentioned few of the solutions:
- In the Messages application, click on the attachment (paper clip icon) next to the dialog box. Click on the image icon and then on the other tab, complete action using: select Bitmoji icon. This action sets Bitmoji as a default for the other attachments which seems annoying. The way to clear it is: go to Settings > Apps > Bitmoji app > Set as default. Tap on clear defaults button.
- Some users had to download the Google keyboard to fix the issue and they are now able to reply to group conversations using Bitmoji.
- Switching Texts to Messenger works perfectly according to a few users.
- Most of those who complained of this issue are Galaxy owners. It was considered the firmware related problem since many of the reports indicate that this problem happened after recently updating their devices.
Assuming it to a firmware-related problem, it can’t be fixed until Samsung rolls out another update or Bitmoji’s developers release another update to address it. However, to rule out that it’s just an app issue,
- Close Bitmoji and open it again.
- Try to see via Play Store if there’s an update available for the app and install it.
- Clear cache and data
- Uninstall and reinstall it.
- Many users suggest that the main culprit is the Gboard. The update of 7.1.1 affects the Gboard and both sticker and Bitmoji integration. To solve this issue, go to Settings on your phone and then Apps > Gboard > Storage > Clear cache. Now tap on Clear data. Then go back to the previous screen and tap on Disable. Later, it can be enabled.
- Update Message+ app. To do so, go to Play Store on your phone, search for Message+ Verizon and then tap on “Update”. If it is already up-to-date, uninstall and then reinstall the app. This might fix the issue.