Printers and multifunction devices have become commonplace. Printing devices are indispensable assistants for students. Unlike printers, MFPs can scan and make copies in addition to printing. Some models are equipped with a fax machine. Which printer to choose? The choice depends on your tasks. Let’s take a closer look at the characteristics of printers for students.
Tasks And Possibilities In The World Of Print
So really, it is easy to buy a modern and inexpensive printer. Especially with our article to help you. There are two main types of printers: inkjet and laser printers as they are more suitable for home printing. Therefore, we will focus on their advantages.
- In inkjets, images are formed from microscopic droplets of ink, which under pressure fly out of the print head through the nozzles. Relatively recently, printers with factory SBPCH have appeared on the market. Instead of cartridges, they have built-in containers for paint that can be refilled. With this printer, you can find research paper help online for your needs and print all the at home. Pros of inkjet printers include
- Perfectly conveyed colors;
- Working with different types of paper, including the glossy one;
- Being cheaper than laser models.
- Laser models use a laser beam to create prints, which project the image of the page onto a rotating drum. With this printer, you can use any laptop for students. Toner is a fine powder of various colors used in monochrome and color laser printers. Pros of laser printers are the following
- They print faster than inkjet models;
- Imprints are resistant to water and light;
- On average, the cartridge is enough to print 1500-2000 sheets;
- Downtime is easily tolerated because the powder in the cartridge does not dry out.
Let’s now look closely at other characteristics of printers. They can be divided by their ability to transfer and transmit colors, resolution, and connection types. Here are the major characteristics.
- There are monochrome (black and white) and color printers. Maintaining a color printer will cost more than a monochrome because you have to buy not one but several inks. So start with your tasks. 4-color inkjet and laser printers are widespread. This is enough for different household needs, but choose 6-, 9- or 12-color models if you want to print photos.
- Printer resolution is the maximum number of dots per inch of the image. The higher the printer resolution, the more detailed the image will be. For printing text and graphics, a DP with a resolution of 600 × 600 or 600 × 1200 is suitable. You need a printer with higher DPI values for clear photos - approximately 2400 × 1200, 4800 × 1200, or even 5760 × 1440.
- Connection technologies and interfaces include
- USB. A popular way to connect a BF to a computer. You can connect a flash drive or HDD drive via the USB interface.
- Ethernet. Connecting with an Ethernet cable will allow multiple computers on the network to work with the printer at once.
- Wi-Fi. Wi-Fi printers can print documents from any device connected to a wireless network.
- Bluetooth. The technology allows you to print from smartphones and tablets without having to connect a mobile gadget to a PC.
- NFC. All you have to do is bring an NFC gadget to the printer and confirm the connection. In some models, you can send materials to print immediately.
Now we can answer the question, which printer is suitable for studying? Given that we found out that ideal printer, the following can be concluded.
- can print works with a different design (color drawings, graphics, photos);
- economical in operation;
- are reasonably priced (this is important for students);
- qualitatively print the text.
The answer to the question depends on the tasks to be performed by the printer, so have to choose yourself. There are only a few
- If the printer will be used infrequently and only for printing text documents, choose laser models. There will be no problems with them, even if you print two or three pages a month.
- Inkjet models are suitable for printing photos and color graphics. They have excellent color reproduction.
- For the “home” office you should choose an MFP.
Each student has to prepare many different reports, essays, term papers, and other works. The collected information must be printed out, and using the services of printing centers is quite expensive. The printer should be inexpensive, economical, and compact. An inkjet printer is a great solution. It allows you to print not only text but also a variety of images and photos. But the speed is lower than that of laser counterparts. You also need to pay attention to the maintenance of buying an inkjet, it’s a regular expense. It is easier to choose models of printers that can work with CISS. This system reduces the cost of the device. In this case, the equipment must work constantly, otherwise, the ink will dry out.
Merissa knows exactly how to choose the right printer and do it perfectly. A connoisseur of technology and a real geek, she will give tips that will help you choose the right equipment for your studying. Improving her knowledge in this field every day, Merissa confidently takes the place of the best in innovative articles on gadgets and technology.