If you are using Windows 11, then you are probably enjoying a great OS experience, at least compared to the previous Windows iterations of recent times.
However, as we know, no OS is without fault, and Windows 11 is no different. Today, we cover an issue that some of you may be experiencing – Widgets not working.
Widgets are a great way to quickly check information or access key features so they’re not working can cause a great strain in convenience.
But below is how to fix them.
The first thing you need to do when more than one widget isn’t working is restart your computer.
If this doesn’t fix the issue, try to see if Microsoft has rolled up a new patch of Windows 11. Sometimes, widgets will not work due to pending updates.
If this doesn’t work, scan your PC for viruses because sometimes viruses can cause widgets to lag or stop working.
Restart Windows Explorer
Sometimes a Widget could not work because the Windows Explorer did not start properly.
In this case, restarting the Windows Explorer could fix the issue. To restart Windows Explorer:
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Look for Windows Explorer
- Right-click on it and look for the restart option.
- Click on it.
The restart should work in getting the widgets to run once again. If this still fails to fix the issue, move to the next step:
Restart the Widget Process
Sometimes, the Widget running process could be at fault, in which case, here is how to restart it:
- Go to the Windows icon on the taskbar, then right-click on the start icon. Then click on Task Manager.
- Click on the process tab. Then, scroll to Windows Widgets.
- Right-click on it, and you will see an option to End the task. Click on it.
- The Widgets will restart, and you can test if they run again.
Widgets are a valuable part of the computer world now, and thus, you should never feel stuck when they are no longer working.