Jailbreaks are few and far between right now, but one of the latest releases, Unc0ver, has already proven very popular. The jailbreak supports iOS 11 upwards on A7 to A13 64-bit ARM systems so, if your device meets the requirements (see list below), go ahead and install Unc0ver jailbreak on your device today. Here’s how.
There are two ways to install the Unc0ver jailbreak; have a read through and pick the method you want to use:
This method allows you to install the IPA file right on to your device:
2. Using Safari browser, download the Unc0ver IPA file onto your device.
3. Follow the on-screen directions and wait for the app icon to go onto your home screen.
4. Now open your iOS Settings app and go to Profiles & Device Management (in General Settings)
5. Tap the Unc0ver profile and tap on Trust
6. Now tap the Unc0ver icon on your home screen and tap the Jailbreak button on the app screen.
7. Wait – when your device resprings, and Cydia is on your home screen, the jailbreak is done.
AltStore is an alternative app store that offers plenty of other content besides the jailbreak. However, the app does need to be refreshed using your computer once in every seven-day period. Otherwise, it will crash and stop working. For this, you need AltServer, the companion app, and Wi-Fi Sync must be enabled in iTunes:
1. On your computer, open the AltStore download page and follow the guide to install it.
2. On your iPhone or iPad, open the Unc0ver download page and download the jailbreak.
3. Open AltStore on your device and tap on My Apps
4. Tap the Plus button at the top of the screen and tap Unc0ver 5.3.1
5. Wait for Unc0ver to show on your home screen, and the installation is finished.
6. Follow Step 4 in the first method to trust the AltStore and Unc0ver profiles.
The newest and most popular jailbreak utility released in recent times, Unc0ver comes to use from a well-known developer called pwn20nd. It works on iOS 11 and above and is one of the most reliable tools with plenty of cool features.
Unc0ver supports the following devices on iOS 11 to iOS 13.5:
* iPhone XS and XS Max
* iPhone XR
* iPad Mini (2019)
* iPad Air (2019)
* iPhone X (only iOS 12)
* iPhone 8, 8 Plus
* iPhone 7, 7 Plus
* iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus
* iPhone SE
* iPhone 5S
* iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max
* iPad Mini (5th generation)
* iPad Air 1
* iPad Air (2019, 3rd generation)
If you don’t see your device on this list, Unc0ver does not support it.
Unc0ver is also updated regularly, and the last couple of updates brought much better features. V3.2 stabilized Unc0ver, got achoice of Dark and Light modes, and added a description to each app setting. Those descriptions show what system architecture is supported, the system version, and a description of the setting. V5.0 added support for A12 and A13 devices running iOS 13 or above.
As well as all that, Unc0ver offers users these features:
* File system access
* Auto-updates can be disabled.
* Dump APTickets
* Get-task-allow can be enabled.
* TFPO Export
* Refresh the icon cache
* Memory limits can be increased.
* OpenSSH can be installed.
* Easily install IPA files.
* Load daemons quickly and reload system daemons.
* Plenty of tweaks, apps, and mods
* App revokes can be disabled.
* Boot Notice can be overwritten.
* Cydia Cache reset
* Reinstall Cydia option
* Restore RootFS
* Plenty more tweaks
As most of the original jailbreaks, Unc0ver uses Cydia Substrate. This is the platform that lets you modify the code and the software without needing to get access to the source code. And with the Cydia Package Manager, you get back all your tweaks, mods, apps, and more.
What you do need to bear in mind is that this is a semi-untethered jailbreak. You can’t just install it and forget about it; when your device restarts, the jailbreak must be reactivated. If you want to remove the jailbreak, simply use the built-in RootFS utility.
This is easy enough to do:
1. Launch Cydia and tap on the Installed tab
2. Delete all your tweaks and apps manually.
3. Open the Unc0ver jailbreak app and tap on Settings.
4. Toggle Refresh Icon Cache and Restore RootFS
5. On the main app screen, tap the Rejailbreak or Jailbreak button.
Now, wait as this can take a while. Your root filesystem is being restored, so don’t touch anything. If it appears to have stopped, do NOT reboot your device. The RootFS message appears on the screen when it’s done, tap OK.
Unc0ver is the most stable and reliable jailbreak we have right now, so install and try it on your device today.
Recently the world was hit by a pandemic. Due to that, most of our lifestyles…
The drastic paradigm shift in consumer behavior has revolutionized payment practices. With changing market dynamics,…
Keeping track of employees is one of the crucial aspects of any business. Whether it…
In the recent few years, the topic of reputation marketing has taken off. Every business…