If you got a refurbished iPhone 11, and unluckily is locked. Or you simply forgot your Apple ID and password, The good news is that there is a solution.
There are different methods by which you can remove the iCloud Activation Lock. What method you select will depend on your current situation, and your preference.
What is the iCloud Activation Lock?
The iCloud Activation Lock is a system that Apple uses to protect your iPhone. When the device is first activated, in Apple’s system the phone is linked to your account via your Apple ID. This means that remembering your Apple ID and password is extremely important, so you can safely track the phone in case it gets lost, and of course activate it once retrieved.
If you happen to be the second owner of the device, and the previous user forgot to sign off, and remove the phone from their account, the iPhone will remain locked. In this case, you must find a way to remove the iCloud Lock and sign up again, this time from your personal account using your Apple ID.
- This first step is the easiest in the case you got a second-hand phone, and can still contact the owner. Ring them up, and ask them to do it. They won’t even need to touch your new iPhone, as from any laptop they will be able to access the website. The best way to avoid these inconveniences is to purchase refurbished iPhones directly from the manufacturer, as they provide you with a warranty and a completely able device. But, who could resist the great deals friends and families can offer?
- You can unlock your iPhone 11 in person. If you still remember your Apple ID, and passcode, then you must simply enter them and follow the onscreen steps prompted by the phone. However, if you have forgotten the important information you must click “reset your Apple ID password”. It is usually linked to an email address, or a phone number, which will make it easy to confirm your identity and finally get a new Apple ID to access the locked device.
If you have two-factor authentication, then you may use a trusted email or phone. Apple will generate a recovery key for you to regain access to your iPhone 11. The recovery key will randomly generate a twenty-eight character numeric code you can enter to update your password. If you have the two-factor authenticator enabled, you won’t be able to access the account recovery feature. In case you don’t have the possibility of generating a recovery key, follow the instructions provided by Apple depending on the device you have at hand.
- There is also the option of unlocking the phone from the web. Maybe you wish to remove and unlock an iPhone 11 you have sold. Fear not, it’s very easy.
Step1: Sing in to iCloud.com using the Apple ID you used on the phone.
Step2: Search “Find My iPhone”.
Step3: Click or tap on All Devices, it should be at the top of the screen.
Step 4: Choose what device you wish to remove from the iCloud.
Step 5: Click on Erase (device name). You will be prompted by the Next button, continue to press until the iPhone has been removed.
Step 6: Finally, click on Remove from Account.
Tell the new owner of the device, that in order to use their own Apple ID, they must restart the device. And, finally a new iPhone they can use to their heart’s content.
- Another step you can take is to start a support request. You will need to do this in the case you have lost the email or phone number you sign up your Apple ID with. Without any means of verification, it is going to be almost impossible to recover your original Apple ID. To start the support request you need to show proof of purchase, such as documentation, and possibly a receipt.
- There are a few guidelines under which you won’t be able to unlock the device, even using the support request. This means you must try third-party software and services.
First, third-party software is very risky. They can steal your data, or completely destroy your phone or computer. If you decide to use one of those, make sure it came recommended by someone who has successfully made use of it.
The third-party services come with risks too. They are a few legitimate websites whose services you can purchase, but others are just a time and money waste. As usual, go with recommendations of websites that have proven to work. The one we have continuously used from carrier-unlocking and to bypass the iCloud Activation Lock is called iPhoneIMEI, which promises to get the job done. So this could be an option if you have tried all the methods listed above. They successfully bypass the iCloud Activation Lock without any hidden fees and also offer a refund if you are not satisfied with their services, so we are confident in recommending them.