The new Apple iPhones were released to much fanfare and color as the company announced some raft of changes to their phone line ups.
Among the biggest changes was the removal of the silence toggle button and replacing it with an action button on the iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Max.
Apple already had this Action button on the Apple Watch Ultra and the button had been a success. Thus, its introduction to the iPhone is welcome, even though it is a replacement for something that had always been there.
But how do you use the Action button on the iPhone?
First, you need to understand that the Action button acts as a mute/ringer switch by default, just like the switch it replaced.
However, to use any other function that Apple has for it, here is how to go about it:
- Open Settings on your iPhone 15 Pro or 15 Pro Max.
- Then, scroll down to the Action Button. Click on it.
- You will see the main options that Apple has for the button. Swipe left and right to choose from the options.
- When you find one that you want, which will be centered on the screen and highlighted, exit Settings. You don’t need to press any confirmation message. As long as your desired function is centered, exit Settings, and the button will perform the function.
The main options that Apple offers for the button include:
- Silent/Mute Mode
- Camera – including taking photos, selfies, video, and so on
- Voice Memo
However, there is an additional eighth function, ‘Shortcut…’. This option allows you to select the Action button to perform other selected functions of your liking beyond the seven mentioned above.
And there you have it – a simple guide on how to use the new all–action iPhone Action Button.