How To Increase Your Website Visibility Through SEO
We all use the internet for one reason or another, whether it is for business, education, news update or just socializing. To those who have already appreciated the advantages the internet has to offer, we already know it can be an income generating investment. The basic platform for the internet is a website: which can be defined as a computer program which runs a Web server that gives access to a group of related Web pages.
In the modern times, the number of websites being created in a day has reached the highest number in the history of internet computing. If you want to make your website get more traffic, then just having the right content is barely enough, hence you must ensure you employ the concept of Search Engine Optimization, (SEO). This is essentially improving your website visibility an any Search Engine’s natural or organic search. There are basic steps for achieving SEO which includes: making your website more pronounced under specific search like under the local search results, academic search, technology search, video search and image search among others.
In addition to those, there are more elaborate ways to achieve a good SEO rating for your website. Today Innov8tiv Magazine will give you some heads up on how to achieve a good SEO ranking for your site.
- You can’t afford to get this wrong: always put relevant content that are related to your targeted traffic. If for instance you target viewers interested in sports, then your website content must heavily contain contents that are sports related.
- There are various tools from Google such as the Google Webmaster Tools which will help you in analyzing the content of your website to identify any duplicate pages, keyword cannibalization, title elements duplication and poor title structuring among others. This will help you in making the necessary adjustment and achieving a high SEO ranking for your website.
- Try looking up on the link targets on you site navigation. For instance the Sitewide Links, this will help you identify if you have pesky default pages like the “/index.html”. You should also review your breadcrumbs and footers including any other navigations supports available and ensure that such links redirect all the search and links to your site’s absolute page.
- You must review the “robot.txt” files to check that no pages, images, folders etc are being withheld. This ensures that no item is being withheld from being “in the view” of various Search Engines’ search for specific keywords that could possibly be within your website content.
- Your website’s domain name must be canonical in nature: must adhere to the conventional standards in order for it to be brought up in Search Engine results more often. This is because Search Engines don’t bring up search results containing websites whose domain names can be classifies as not canonical in nature.
- Go to Search Engines’ local listing, for instance on Yahoo’s and Google’s local listing and see how your site performs under local search results. Using this information, modify your website to ensure that your site’s listing in off-site is yours. This process is not as complicated or time-consuming as you would think, but it is important since dominating the local listing shows Search Engines that your site has good control of the external profiles.
These are some of the basics for a good SEO ranking. You should also note that having a high density of particular keywords go a long way to scoring a good SEO ranking, but caution should be taken not to flood the website content with too many keywords that undermines the integrity of the content in terms of sentence structure, grammar and tenses.