Although iPhone X users are much satisfied with their phones, they are experiencing an issue that they can’t search for settings in iPhone X. This issue is faced by users even though they have updated their phones to iOS 11.2. The issue does not seem to be an iOS 11.2 issue because users can still search for settings on iPhone 7, 8 etc. which also run 11.2. Here are a few suggestions that are based on users’ experiences, which can help resolve the issue:
- Try rebooting your iPhone X.
- If rebooting doesn’t help, set your iPhone X aside. The issue might gets resolved, since it may use some kind of cached data to build the search lists. Just use your phone as usual and try again later.
- Some users solved this issue by doing “Reset all settings”. In order to do this, go to Settings, then General and finally Reset. The issue was solved without doing full factory reset. Try to change payment card or get new virtual card with $0 balance. After paying for iCloud, cache settings will be erased and Search in Settings and in Spotlight will work again.
- Some users solved the issue by this method: go to Settings, then General and finally Spotlight Search. Turn off (deactivate) everything (search results). Now turn off your device by pressing and holding the on/off button until you see the slider. Then slide the red slider. Now turn on your device. After this, go to Settings > General > Spotlight Search and turn everything on.
- Go to Settings > General > Language. Switch the device language from English to English (UK). Now close the Setting app and then go back in Settings > General > Language and switch it back to English (US). After that you should be able to search again.