There are many people who own LG Stylo 2 Plus and have been complaining about their devices that reportedly stopped responding and remained stuck on black and white screen. Some said their phones just turned off and won’t turn back on while others said they just found their devices with a black screen in the morning after charging it overnight, still receiving alerts on their phones.
LG Stylo 2 Plus Stuck on Black and White Screen
The LG Stylo 2 Plus actually has some impressive hardware specs so its build cannot be pointed to be the reason why it has this issue. Rather, the issue is a minor firmware issue and based on the experiences of several users, this problem can be solved. Users have checked their phone’s settings and developer options too that are not in grayscale mode or monochrome. Here are a few solutions that can be tried to get this issue fixed:
- Some users suggested that this problem might have occurred because Reader mode is on. In the quick settings in the notification bar, look for the toggle called “Reader Mode” and turn it off. If you do not find it this way, tap on Home key > Tools app icon > Settings app icon and then Display tab. Finally, tap on Reader mode. The issue gets resolved.
- Turn on the ‘Comfort View’ by going to Settings > Display. There will be no blacker screen.
- Go to Settings from homepage.
- Tap on General > Accessibility.
- Tap Vision
- Turn on ‘Screen Color Adjustment’.
- From the Home screen, open Settings. Tap on General and then Accessibility, followed by tapping on Vision. Now select Screen color inversion that will show the colors and shades in an opposite way to that of Grayscale.
- Turn off “Reduce eye strain”.
- According to a few users, this issue seems to be a battery-saving feature in the Settings > Battery or a Greyscale feature in Settings > Accessibility. Turn them off to solve the issue of black and white screen in LG Stylo 2 Plus.
- Press the Home button thrice in succession and it will bring a menu option that says: “Voice over”, “Invert colors” and “Zoom”. If the ‘Zoom’ option is marked, unmark it and screen will go back to colors.
Hopefully, the issue of black and white screen on LG Sylo 2 Plus gets resolved by trying any of the above-mentioned solutions. If in case, it is not fixed, go for factory reset or replace the mobile phone.