When Hellofood launched in late 2013 in Côte d’Ivoire, the online food delivery service revolutionized the gourmet landscape. Sitting at home or in the office, it became possible to order meals from the best restaurants in Abidjan in just a few clicks. The year 2015 marks a particularly important moment in the adventure of the company, which managed to position itself as the leader of online food delivery in Côte d’Ivoire. We have selected for you 10 reasons to join the “electronic gourmandize” and become a “hellofoodie”!
1. The delivery team at Hellofood reiterates every month the feat of Masahito Yoshida by covering a distance equal to one time around the earth; nearly 40 000 kilometers.
2. In the “Land of attiéké” pizza is king! The pizza is well ahead of all orders received by Hellofood. (Attiéké is the local favorite dish consisting of granulated cassava)
3. From November 2013 to September 2015, Hellofood delivered no less than 30,000 spring rolls and 20,000 hamburgers. It is only in the stomach that America and China get along so well.
4. For the sole year 2014, 2,000 braised chickens were served.
5. To satisfy the taste buds of their customers, the Hellofood delivery team travels 1400 kilometers on average per day. Consider two round trips Abidjan – Bouaké every day.
6. Meal ordering via mobile is increasing sharply; 49% of orders are placed from the Hellofood mobile application, against 51% from the website.
7. Over 400, that is the record number of orders processed in one day by teams at Hellofood.
8. 49 is the number of minutes that it takes on average to deliver an order.
9. 20 new restaurants joined the Hellofood directory since September. The 2015-2016 school year promises to be delightful.
10. With more than 150 restaurants listed, Hellofood offers every day a culinary world tour by offering varied menus from Côte d’Ivoire, Cameroon, Togo, Congo, Senegal, Morocco, Lebanon, India, France, Italy, United States of America, Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Mexico, Turkey, etc.
Hellofood is the leading online food ordering and delivery platform in Africa. The company enables restaurants to become visible in the online and mobile world and provides them with a constantly evolving online technology. For consumers, hellofood offers the convenience to order food online and the widest gastronomic range, from which they can choose their favorite meal on the web or via the app. Hellofood operates in Côte d’Ivoire, Nigeria, Morocco, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Algeria.
About Africa Internet Group
Africa Internet Group, the leading internet platform in Africa, promotes sustainable online growth that benefits both businesses and consumers. Firmly rooted in Africa’s startup ecosystem, the group provides easy-to-use services and smart solutions across the African internet sector. AIG is invested in furthering regional entrepreneurship and innovation through a passion for Africa, its culture and its people. AIG is the parent group of ten successful and fast-growing companies in more than 30 African countries. Its network of companies includes Carmudi, Easy Taxi, Everjobs, hellofood, Jovago, Jumia, Kaymu, Lamudi, Vendito and Zando.