Unveil Africa Set To Hold A Startup Demo Day In Lagos, Nigeria This May
Excitement is in the air for all African apps developers as Unveil Africa gears up for the launching of the Startup demo day program that will be hosted in Lagos, Nigeria this coming May. The event will host a total of 45 startups all trying to outdo each other in order to obtain the coveted price of $10,000 dollars award. The winner of the Startup demo day will have to impress the audience in order to get the highest rating to enable them to bag the cash price.
Unveil Africa is the organizer for this Startup demo day. This organization is an African indigenous program for startup demo-day promotions, aiming at identifying and filtering out, more than 40 highly innovative African tech-entrepreneurs who have satisfied the categories of selection which is: their innovation has to be a game changer in the market, has to solve a major problem in the society/business realm and the innovation has to be future shaping.
Unveil Africa seeks to showcase these outstanding African innovators to hundreds of watching eyes comprising of venture capitalists, angel investors, tech-firms representatives and the industry’s enthusiasts with more than enough financial ability and networking that could take these startups innovations to a whole new level. The Unveil Africa’s organizer for this upcoming Startup day in Lagos say, “Africa’s indigenous startup accelerator, will take place for the first time on May 16, with plans to hold it twice a year, once in Nigeria and one elsewhere on the continent.”
The mission behind the Startup demo day is quite simple, to unveil the next big startups coming from Africa. Investors will have front row seats in order to spot the most innovating and promising innovations. The winner will adapt this startup and employ them in solving problems in their socioeconomic realms, thereby creating more jobs and making more profits by adapting to this new innovative startup within their community. All Africans entrepreneurs, be they small or big from any part of the African continent as long as their inventions are excellent, they are highly welcomed to apply for this event in order to showcase their inventions to a a room full of investors. Also they must satisfy the following criteria:
- The startup applying for this event must be based in the African continent.
- Their invention must have the ability of solving a commercial problem.
- The invention must have been discovered within the last two years.
- The funding base for the inventions must not have exceeded more than US$200,000.
- The invention must be composed of a substantial tech component which can be showcased live during the competition.
- The inventions must demonstrate the ability to make great impact in the marketplace in which it is launched.
So all apps developer out there, who had been waiting for the platform to showcase their inventions, this is your time, you can sign up by filling an online form by clicking here. Note that the deadline for registration is due by Wednesday 30th April at exactly midnight. So make haste and register before the deadline.
Startup Companies that have satisfied the requirements and hence selected to participate at the Unveil Africa’s Startup demo day will get:
- 5 minutes opportunity to pitch their ideas to the audience in attendance.
- A kiosk space at the Unveil Africa pavilion.
- Two passes to attend the Startup demo day.
- Intense promotion support on the website.
- All applicants can apply for free courtesy of the sponsors.
- Communication training and PR-support from a qualified PR-specialist.
- Professional coaching on demonstration presentations.
- Technical rehearsal together with the Unveil Africa’s production team.
- On-stage rehearsals and feedbacks.
- Promotion videos on the Unveil Africa’s site after the event.
- A chance to win an opportunity to attend the UA Startups School.
- The grand prize of $10,000 which will be rated by the audience.
The first startup demos will be showcased on Friday, May 16th starting at 9am