There are many different directions and styles when it comes to designing a website. This is because, to a degree, it’s subjective. In other words, what may appeal to one person might not have the same impact on another. So, while the way it looks and feels must always exude its brand identity, there are specific ground rules that you’ll need to adhere to for a quality user experience. And it would be best if you got it right from the outset. After all, for most people, it’s an indicator of credibility and can influence leads, bounce rates, conversions, and more.
Having the professional services of a web design Oxford company like https://xist2.com/ for businesses located within the city is essential. They will also help you understand excellent design practices. With that said, here are some tips that will help you make your online domain more compelling and effective.
- Organize your website
A website should be able to communicate the core message of the brand or company instantaneously. Few users will read every single word on its web pages, after all. The majority tend to skim through them, picking out the key phrases, terms, and other things they’re after. When you consider this type of behavior, it makes sense to appeal more to their emotions than the quantity of the words or visual elements. The fewer things they have to remember or read through, the easier it’ll be to engage them with your content.
- Keep the most important content visible. Users who go to your website must be able to understand what it’s all about without the need to move from page to page or scroll all the way down for information.
- Space the content. Incorporate white space into your content. By having blank areas, the web page will be more well-balanced and spacious.
- Include imagery. The addition of media like photos and icons will enable you to communicate more effectively to your audience in ways that text alone cannot.
- Don’t forget your CTA. Whether you’re looking to encourage users to sign up for a newsletter or commit to a purchase, you must have a call-to-action on your site.
- Simplify the navigation
It might be in an entrepreneur’s nature to find ways of breaking the mould, but the navigation features of a website aren’t the area to become avant-garde. When you get right down to it, you must ensure that visitors quickly find what they’re after. Additionally, you can aid search engines to index the content of your web pages with excellent navigation while enhancing the users’ experience in the process.
- Mind the menu. No matter what style you choose for your menu, it needs to be prominent on every web page and structured in a way that’s easy to understand.
- Have a link for the main page. It’s a rule of thumb to make it as easy for users to get back to the homepage if they want to. And by including a link that goes back to the main page in all web pages, you’ll do just that.
- Consider mobile-friendliness
These days, most people use their smartphones and tablets to browse the World Wide Web. They’re handy devices, unlike the more traditional computers. Therefore, your website must be as functional and easy to browse on mobile devices as they are on desktop and laptop computers. One tip is to adopt a minimalist approach for the mobile version, so it’s simple to browse and understand.
A website can make or break any business in today’s modern world. By ensuring that it’s well-designed, you’ll give an excellent impression to prospective customers and give yourself a better chance of attracting more sales.