Hemp is a versatile crop with hundreds of uses, many of which may surprise you. Traditionally, it was used for paper, textiles, and cordage, but recently it has become better known for its therapeutic properties.
Hemp products are touted for supporting overall health and wellness, helping to calm the body, and mind and boosting wellbeing, among other benefits. The hemp products from Premium Jane are especially popular among customers, providing customers with high-quality formulas at affordable prices.
Nonetheless, there are many modern uses of hemp beyond hemp oil products. Different parts of the hemp plant offer up different uses. Its seeds and flowers are used in health foods, organic body care, and other nutraceuticals, while its fibers and stalks are used in clothing, textiles, paper, and more.
Here are a few of the products that can be made from hemp.
Believe it or not, 75 – 90% of all paper in the world was made from hemp fiber until 1883. It was used over the years in important historical documents – the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper – and in novels – Mark Twain’s novels were printed on hemp paper.
It remained popular until about the 1930s, when paper was starting to be made by trees. However, much attention is now turning back to hemp paper.
Hemp paper is more robust than wood-pulp paper and doesn’t go yellow. Hemp books and documents that are hundreds of years old are still intact.
Hemp is also a much more sustainable option. Only 30% of trees are cellulose, and the other 70% must be removed to produce paper. Moreover, hemp paper can be recycled up to seven times, whereas tree paper can only be recycled up to three times.
Hemp fiber was historically used to make clothing, textiles, and other fabric-based hemp products. Now, like hemp paper, hemp fabric is making a comeback.
Specifically, more and more eco-friendly designers in the fashion industry are turning to hemp to make trendy and stylish clothing.
Here are the primary reasons hemp fiber is so popular for making clothing and textiles:
- It’s stronger and longer-lasting than cotton and other plants
- It’s eco-friendly and sustainable
- It’s porous, allowing the skin to breathe
The many kinds of clothing and other textile items made from hemp fiber include jeans, shirts, coats, yoga pants, bants, belts, sheets, blankets, and table cloths.
Hemp in Food Products
Hemp seeds – the main part of the crop used for food – are considered very nutritious. They are rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein and provide a good balance of healthy essential fatty acids, like omega 3 and omega 6.
Hemp seeds have a soft, creamy texture and a mild nutty flavor and can be added to almost anything to boost nutrition. They can be mixed into smoothies, sprinkled on salads or breakfast cereals, or added to baked goods.
Hemp seeds and hemp seed oil can also be used to make food products, like hemp milk, protein powders, energy bars, granola, and hemp-infused drinks, including tea and coffee.
Hemp in Health Products
The vitamins, minerals, and nutrients in hemp can provide some promising therapeutic benefits. Many people use hemp oil products to manage specific health conditions, such as sleep disorders, stress, chronic pain, and inflammation.
The array of hemp products formulated for health and wellness is extensive, including oils, capsules, gummies, and topicals. Often, hemp brands design hemp oil products with a specific purpose in mind, incorporating additional ingredients. For instance, a hemp oil that supports a good night’s rest may include melatonin or other sleep-promoting ingredients.
While research into hemp and its specific health benefits is in its infancy, preliminary studies are promising. Clinical evidence suggests that cannabidiol (CBD), a primary compound of hemp, may improve sleep by helping to manage anxiety.
Hemp is also touted for promoting healthy skin. When applied topically, it can soothe dry, irritated, and itchy skin and promotes a radiant and youthful glow. As such, hemp skincare products are becoming particularly sought-after.
If nothing else, hemp products are excellent for supporting overall wellbeing. Packed with beneficial compounds, hemp provides the body with valuable nutrition keeping our bodies strong and healthy.
Final Thoughts on Products Made from Hemp
Hemp has many wonderful and exciting uses, notably its application in health and wellness.
Many people employ hemp oil products to support general health and wellness, while others find that such products help manage specific health conditions, like sleep, stress, and pain.
The hemp market boasts all sorts of wellness products, such as oils, gummies, and creams. Different products are better suited to different needs and lifestyles, so be sure to find a product that works for you.