If you’re interested in electric scooters but don’t know which models are best, this article is for you. We’ll be covering which electric scooter to buy in a bit of a different way than you’re accustomed to.
For example, most articles like this will list a few brands, and you’ll choose one model based on trust.
We would rather educate you on choosing the best electric scooter rather than trying to convince you that one model is better than the other.
How to choose the best electric scooter?
E scooters all function similarly. If you’re wondering how to choose one, you’re not alone. Unless you know a lot about scooters, it’s difficult to choose one over the other. Much like picking an automobile just based on looks, this is how many people choose their first scooter.
Unfortunately, there’s a lot more to scooters than just their looks.
Different features and specs of a scooter will dictate which model is best for you. The following are things to look at when choosing a scooter:
- Speed: What is the top speed of the scooter? Most scooters will have a top speed of 12 – 15mph, but you aren’t going to be able to zigzag through sidewalks at these speeds. Be sure to choose a speed that’s ideal for your area.
- Battery: Lithium-ion is the go-to battery technology for scooters. You need to find a battery life that you find sufficient. By battery life, we mean range. Many newer models can go 25 or more miles on a single charge. In a smaller city, these distances are more than sufficient.
- Wheel size: Larger wheel sizes are good if you hit sand or dirt on the road. However, you won’t need to be concerned much with the wheel size.
- Safety: Does the scooter have sufficient lighting? Lighting will remain a major concern. You need to be sure that you have basic brake lights to make you visible at night.
- Folding: When you reach stairs or have to go into a store, you’ll appreciate a scooter that folds up. Folding makes it fast and easy to transport your scooter.
Of course, manufacturers are always trying to innovate and make changes to features to remain competitive. However, the above points are a good starting point when reviewing standard scooter features.
Are all of these features important to every scooter user? No. But you can decide which features mean the most to you.
Why do you need an electric scooter?
Transportation is truly evolving. Even if you look at automobiles from 20 years ago to today, we’ve seen a cosmic shift in how these vehicles are built. For example, 20 years ago, Tesla didn’t exist and there wasn’t any real progress made on self-driving vehicles.
We also didn’t have Uber, nor were electric scooters a thing.
Electric scooters are a step forward in traditional transportation because they empower people to:
- Change how they commute to work, especially in cities, to make it more practical and less impactful on the environment.
- Make less of an impact on their local environment by choosing an environmentally friendly option to commute around town.
- Transport is also expensive. If you have to call a taxi or Uber in a big city, you’ll have to pay a lot of money. Scooters are easy to transport, fold up and allow you to easily get around small towns and large cities.
Electric scooters may not be as practical if you live in the suburbs and getting to the store takes 30 minutes. However, if you live in a city or close to a downtown area, you can easily hop on your scooter and get around town.
People will appreciate your green form of transportation and will be happy about the low noise production of the e scooter.
Where can you buy the best electric scooter?
Do you want the freedom that comes with an electric scooter? If so, you have a lot of options to choose from. We recommend searching through the top electric scooter manufacturers to find models that you like.
Every manufacturer will point you where to buy electric scooters and official retailers to choose from.
Now that you know where to buy an e scooter and how to choose a model that works for you, it’s going to be much easier to find a model that you love.