All of us use a USB flash drive for keeping important files as its portability and small size makes it convenient to use.
Sometimes, we are in a hurry to mix up things and end up deleting files from the USB Flash Drive. Similarly, there are many other instances that can result in deleted USB files such as malware infection, hardware issues, data fragmentation, etc. As a result, we end up looking for working ways as how to recover deleted USB files.
In realization of this issue, this post will share some of the best ways that you can use to recover deleted files from USB including the impeccable tool Tenorshare 4DDiG which will effectively help you to recover deleted files from USB drives come rain or shine.
Part 1: How Recover Deleted Files from USB with Tenorshare 4DDiG
The best tool to recover deleted files from USB is the all-in-one Tenorshare 4DDiG software solution. In its speed and accuracy, 4DDiG is simply unparalleled.
No doubt, there are several other methods that tell you how to recover deleted files from USB. However, all other methods are limited in one way or the other. Also, they require you to meet certain preconditions for the effective recovery of deleted files.
However, the developers of 4DDiG have built it differently. It is an all-encompassing software that can help in recovering over 1000 different file types such as APFS, HFS+, HFS X, NTFS, FAT, etc.
Moreover, the latest and state-of-the-art technology used in 4DDiG allows you to recover your files in the same file format and size without any data loss.
One excellent quality of this tool is that it’s 100 percent safe for your existing file. You will not need to worry about the overwriting of other files anymore.
Below is the straightforward process for using 4DDiG:
- Install Tenorshare 4DDiG and launch the software
- Select ‘USB drive’ from the home interface of 4DDiG and click start
- Select the type of file that you want to recover and start the scanning process.
- Now, on completion of the scanning process, 4DDiG will categorize all the files for the USB flash drive. Since you want to recover deleted files from USB, select the ‘deleted files’ folder.
- Lastly, once you have located the required deleted files, you can proceed to download them. One admirable thing about 4DDiG is that it allows you to preview files before you proceed with downloading the files.
Part 2: How to Recover Deleted Files from USB without Software
Want to know how to recover deleted files from USB without software? Here are two effective ways to help you recover your important files.
Fix 1: Recover Deleted Files from USB Drive with CMD
In this first method, we will take the help of a command prompt or CMD to recover deleted files.
Here is how to do it:
- Open command prompt from windows or start button
- Type “chkdsk X: /f”in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter
- Finally, enter ‘”” ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D X:*.*” as a command in the second command prompt window to complete the process. Just replace X with the USB drive’s letter.
Fix 2: Recover Deleted USB Files from Previous Versions Features
Are you looking for some way to recover deleted USB files without needing any third-party tool?
If yes, this fix is for you.
All recent Windows versions, especially Windows 7 onwards, have the ‘Restore previous version’ feature, and you can use this to recover all your deleted files effectively. The process of recovery involves the following steps:
- Connect the targeted USB drive to the computer and then go to my computer
- Click ‘properties’ from a drop-down menu that will appear when you will right-click on the USB drive
- Now, click on ‘previous versions.’ If you have any deleted files, they will show up, and then you can proceed by clicking the restore button below.
But this solution has a limitation as it only works if you had activated the said feature before you lost the files.
Part 3: Why you should try USB Data Recovery Software
Based on the following reasons, you are encouraged to use data recovery software over other ways to recover deleted files from USB.
- A recovery software is amazingly easy to apply compared to any other method.
- All other methods are limited and need fulfillment of certain preconditions.
- A recovery software automatically ensures the Safety of other files in the drive. For example, 4DDiG is 100 percent safe to use.
- Recovery software allows you to recover the exact deleted file with a recovery software
- Recovery software delivers fast results within a few minutes.
- You can recover different types of files with recovery software.
All the above points show that you have your best chance to recover deleted files from a USB drive when you use recovery software. Therefore, you must use it whenever the situation arises.
FAQ about USB Data Loss
- Cause of USB Flash Drive Data Loss
Usually, people accidentally delete a file from their USB drive. However, there are several other reasons for such a happening such as data fragmentation, malware infection, hardware failure, USB malfunction, or some software bug. Moreover, unsuitable conditions such as overly moist surroundings can also cause USB flash drive.
- Where are the Deleted USB Files Go?
Logically speaking, deleted USB files are permanently deleted from the drive, and you won’t find the deleted files from the flash drive. Still, if you avoid overwriting these files, you can recover them using different ways discussed in this post.
- How to Avoid USB Flash Drive Data Loss?
As soon as you know that you have important files deleted from the USB Flash Drive, it would help if you stopped using the USB with immediate effect. You must also not use Flash Drive to download some files. This will surely help you avoid USB Flash Drive Data Loss.
Every one of us has probably had the experience of having essential files wiped from a USB stick. In such a situation, we have only one question in our mind as to how to recover deleted files from USB. This article successfully satiates this and all other related concerns. Not only has it outlined various working methods to recover deleted files, but it also shares a champion product in the form of 4DDiG for effective file recovery every time, which is entirely safe and simple to use. So, investing in recovery software will be a wise choice to make.