She Leads Africa Announces Top 10 Finalists Female Entrepreneurs
She Leads Africa has finally released the names of the top ten female entrepreneurs who have met the threshold to qualify for the Top 10 Finalist, who will pitch their business ideas come September 20th, in Lagos. The competition attracted more than 380 applications from more than 27 countries across Africa.
The Top 10 Finalists will pitch their various ideas in front of business leaders, venture capitalist from the leading venture capital firms and have the international media limelight. The finalist will be in a race against one another for $30,000 cash prize among other rewards.
The 2014 Top 10 Finalists for She Leads Africa are as follows:
- Afrocentric Bamboo Limited – Kumasi, Ghana: Afrocentric Bamboo Limited designs, develops and markets bamboo bikes and frames and related products and services.
- Banke Kuku Textiles – London, United King: Banke Kuku Textiles designs African inspired luxury fabrics and accessories for the fashion, interiors and soft furnishings markets.
- Fashpa.com – Lagoa, Nigeria: Fashpa.com is an online retailing platform, dedicated to providing African consumers with access to fashion and lifestyle brands.
- Lizzi’s Creations – Abuja, Nigeria: Lizzie’s Creations develops mobile and web applications uniquely aimed at the development and education of women and children in Africa.
- Loue 1 Voiture (Book 1 Car) – Casablanca, Morocco: Loue 1 Voiture is the first online platform that enables you to reserve a car from big and small car hire companies in Morocco.
- Mamelette – Lagos, Nigeria: Mamelette is a website and information portal dedicated to the needs of Nigerian parents and parents to be.
- MKP Fast Foods – Johannesburg, South Africa: MKP Fast Foods creates youth employment in SA by operating a low cost, scalable mobile kitchen for a growing chicken brand, Galito’s.
- Night Bus – Johannesburg, South Africa: Night Bus is a safe, cool way of getting around town at night. We enrich the party experience by bringing people closer to brands they love.
- Rare Customs – New York, USA: Rare Customs connects SME’s to emerging African tourism and investment trends.
- Thandos – Lagos, Nigeria: Thandos provides a platform that empowers aspiring African artists to design women’s fashion footwear that is comfortable, convenient and affordable.