How to choose a Magento developer for a website? Why are customers often unhappy with web developer services? On the one hand, the unprecedented growth of the internet development market has led to an influx of novice specialists into the industry. But there are also enough experienced and competent developers here. The fact is that it is not always possible to find a performer suitable for a specific project. Apply for a Magento development company.
What to focus on when choosing a website developer
Before starting the search for an executor, you need to draw up a brief and include in it the key parameters of the project:
· its scale and complexity;
· marketing tasks;
· design requirements.
The formulation of these provisions is the first stage in transferring the idea to the applied plane.
Project complexity level
If you choose the main criterion that distinguishes a complex project from a simple one, it is the need to do something new, which no one else has done before. To adapt a web product to the specifics of your enterprise and to stand out from competitors, you need to use non-standard solutions. An example of such a complex application is a CRM system that takes into account the practices you have developed for interacting with clients.
One of the main features of a complex project is user authorization support. In addition, it is of great importance what set of tools will be available to the user, whether different levels of access are needed. Examples of common account types: guest, author, editor, admin.
It is important to understand what security criteria a web application must meet. Do you need support for financial transactions or additional measures to protect personal data? Security requirements, in turn, dictate what type of server is needed.
Checklist of the performer’s choice
So, you have determined what type of developer is suitable for your project and selected a pool of potential contractors. Now it’s time to select a specific contractor. To do this, check each candidate and find more info against the following criteria:
1. Cost. Professionals will be ready to announce the price only after a detailed acquaintance with the requirements (or after drawing up the technical specification). If the price is named right after you’re “I need a website”, it is a signal that the contractor intends to use a template solution without delving into your task.
2. Experience in similar projects. It will be a plus if the developer has already created web applications related to your niche. However, you should not immediately discard a candidate without such experience, provided that he meets the other criteria.
3. Portfolio. It’s worth checking out the portfolio. But that shouldn’t be the deciding factor. Let’s say you liked a portfolio case. But it’s not a fact that the developers who carried out this project are still on the staff. Or, the contractor, as is often the case, performed only a separate part on this project – for example, design.
4. Read customer reviews. Better yet, call them. In written reviews, manipulations and understatements are possible. In a live conversation, there is a chance to find out the nuances of working with a contractor. Call several customers and ask if they are satisfied with the work of the company.
5. The performer’s willingness to talk about the client’s task, and not brag about past achievements. Focusing on your project and not on your regalia is a sign of a professional.
6. Regularity of informing the customer about the progress of the project. Are there any agreements with the customer at each stage of the project? The responsible executor must constantly keep the customer up to date.
7. Be on the same page with the performer. Emotional compatibility is rarely considered, but it is just as important as any numerical KPI. If at the first meeting you have different views about how the project should be implemented, then it will be difficult to work with such a performer.
8. Availability of full-time developers. Some agencies order development from third companies or outsource it to freelance. Preference should be given to companies with their own programmers. Communication in a project involving a subcontractor will always be more inert.