Ultra-fast opioid detoxification has been successfully used in narcology and toxicology for over 60 years. UFOD is an initial and rather successful stage in getting rid of drug addiction.
What is it?
Ultra-fast opioid detoxification (UFOD) is an effective, prompt, and painless way to relieve intoxication (acute or chronic) caused by opium-containing drugs of plant or synthetic origin.
UFOD: purpose and goal
UFOD is used to get rid of addiction to opium and its derivatives (raw opium, heroin, methadone, morphine, etc.).
UFOD helps the patient overcome the physical addiction to drugs and relieve the most acute states of withdrawal syndrome. The treatment is also used as an emergency aid in case of a drug overdose.
Cost of UFOD (Kyiv)
The cost of the treatment in our center is optimal for Kyiv and Ukraine, considering the skill level of doctors, the degree of comfort and equipment.
The UFOD price (Kyiv), accompanying tests and procedures is individual for each patient.
What does it involve?
Ultra-fast opioid detoxification follows a special licensed clinic protocol.
Detoxification is carried out in a specialized intensive care unit, under general anesthesia for 8-12 hours. The duration of the procedure depends on the condition of the patient, the severity of opioid addiction, and the length of taking drugs.
When in a drug-induced sleep, the patient is administered the drugs which:
– neutralize the effect of the drug;
– restore water-salt balance;
– stabilize hormonal balance;
– improve brain blood circulation;
– activate saturation of nerve cells with oxygen and nutrients.
During ultra-rapid opioid detoxification (UROD), the patient stays under the supervision of an anesthesiologist-resuscitator. The doctor controls the condition of the patient’s body, ventilation of the lungs adjusts the level of anesthesia for complete comfort and relief of the state of withdrawal.
Rapid drug detoxification is painless and safe for the patient.
Both during and at the end of the procedure, the clinic’s specialists carry out imaging control of the body:
– BP and pulse control;
– t bodies.
PLEASE NOTE! The medical stage of drug addiction treatment begins with ultra-fast opioid detoxification (UFOD). This is the first and required step. It gives a physical stimulus to get rid of addiction: relieves withdrawal pain syndrome, improves appetite, normalizes sleep and the general condition of the body.
For this method of detoxification, we use Naloxone. The agonist drug disrupts the contact of the opiate with opioid receptors and removes the neutralized compound from the patient’s body.
Naltrescon (Antaxone), a prolonged-release drug, is also used. It blocks the euphoria receptor so that the patient does not have a narcotic/intoxicating effect, and the craving for drug use is suppressed. Naltrexone is non-toxic, safe, and non-addictive.
Ultra-fast opioid detoxification (UFOD) is preceded by:
– an initial visit of a narcologist (free of charge);
– consultation and examination by an anesthesiologist;
– laboratory blood tests (complete blood count and blood chemistry);
– studies to determine the type, severity, and length of addiction;
– imaging diagnostics of the state of the body (ECG, ultrasound);
– monitoring of the state of the body during the day before the procedure;
– psychological support at all stages.
In the case of admission in a critical condition, the patient undergoes express tests, studies and history taking, as provided for by the UFOD protocol!
Ultra-fast opioid detoxification (UFOD) is provided in Kyiv if none of the following conditions is present:
– Pregnancy, breastfeeding (strict contraindication);
– Exacerbation of chronic diseases;
– Severe respiratory diseases;
– Severe cardiovascular diseases (heart attack, stroke, vascular obstruction);
– Acute liver and kidney disorders;
– Injuries with bleeding.
UFOD is carried out in the intensive care unit of our centre (Kyiv).