Video conversion is the transformation of a video file into another format of the same type, e.g. AVI to MP4. For this purpose, special programs working both online and offline are used. Each of them has pros and cons.
Some software has a lot of settings, an overloaded interface, a lot of compatible, unfamiliar at first glance, formats, and so on. It will be quite difficult for a beginner to understand such programs due to lack of experience, but they will be easily mastered by a more experienced user in this area. That’s why today we decided to share the top 6 free video converters that will be useful not only for professional editors and bloggers, but also for everyday PC users.
1. Icecream Video Converter
This free video converter is suitable for beginners and professionals, as it has a simple and intuitive interface with all necessary quality settings. The program supports all the currently popular codecs, so a user does not have to search for and download anything extra. This video converting software works on all the latest Windows versions and does not require a high-end PC. The application will be useful for bloggers, video editors, designers, and ordinary users to convert videos into popular media formats for free.
– High data processing speed due to advanced algorithms.
– Large number of presets for the devices.
– Bulk files conversion.
– Best free video converter with user-friendly interface.
– Variety of formats for conversion.
– High image quality and resolution up to 4K.
– Additional features: trimming, inserting your own watermark or text, as well as subtitles will help users to create a really high-quality video.
2. Any Video Converter
The free video converter is designed for more advanced users, as it has great functionality and many system settings. In addition to simple video conversion, the app is capable of importing videos from CDs and URLs for posterior conversion. There are also numerous presets for converting video files for a specific device, such as an iPhone or Nintendo. The processing time of the video stream depends on the quality of the resulting file and resolution specified by the user. Suitable for musicians-bloggers, teachers with video editing experience.
– Video converter with extended functionality.
– Built-in video editor with functions for adding effects, pictures, and text.
– Large set of additional tools.
This free video converter will be suitable for media bloggers, musicians, teachers, but the quite outdated interface may cause some difficulties in mastering the software. Fast operation and reliable file conversion provides high quality output stream. Large number of settings with presets will help a user to choose the best option for converting the video.
– Reasonably large features with low system requirements.
– Built-in codecs and preset profiles help inexperienced users to choose pre-installed settings to connvert video files for a particular device.
– A large number of customizable parameters, including audio bitrate, filters, subtitles, and more.
4. DVDVideoSoft Free Video Converter
A fairly convenient and easy-to-use video converting software that is suitable for beginners to convert small clips and footage. The interface is pretty neat and not overloaded with extra details. You can also merge files into one during the conversion process which is rather convenient. The number of the supported input formats is also very impressive.
– Fast file conversion.
– Video converter with simple interface that even a novice can understand.
– Does not require high performance of your PC.
– Takes up little disk space.
– Quick software installation.
5. Freemake Video Converter
Simple and straightforward video converter that will suit users with different levels of experience and knowledge. The smart and elegant interface will not cause any difficulties with the conversion process. Flexible settings for graphics, audio codecs, quality, and resolution of the resulting file make the software versatile. However, some extended extra features are only available if you buy a PRO account.
– Colorful and clear interface.
– Flexible audio and video settings, with functions of adding your own logo and subtitles.
– Convert not only video files, but also audio, photo, video from the Internet by URL (by link).
– Video converter for Windows with a built-in simple video editor.
6. Free HD Video Converter Factory
Pretty simple to use video converter. All buttons and controls are intuitively recognized. A large set of compatible formats make the program to convert videos for free very useful for beginners and professionals. Flexible settings for graphics, visual effects, and the ability to insert a watermark, picture, or text make the software a versatile tool for converting video files. However, not all features are available in the trial version of the software.
– Converts videos very fast.
– Intuitive interface.
– Built-in downloader for files from the Internet.
– Necessary codecs preinstalled.
– Possibility to work with high resolution video up to 4K.
Thus, we told you about 6 best free video converters for today. Obviously, everyone chooses a program for specific tasks with the necessary functionality for this purpose. Therefore, the choice is always up to the user.