Root Your Nokia X and Install Google Play and Other Interesting Apps [GUIDE]
Nokia one of the leading mobile manufacturers recently launched its Android-based Smarphone known as the MWC. The Finish manufacture has really surprised the smartphone market with its flagship Android-smartphone that goes at very pocket friendly price. By simply looking at this smartphone, you cant readily distinguish that it doesn’t have any of Google apps running on it. However there are always developers who always find a way around such issues. You can now root your Nokia X and install the Google play and still get access to other interesting application in your Nokia X.
Specification Of Nokia X Smart Phones
The Nokia X phones have the following specifications
- 768MB RAM
- 4GB MicroSD card
- 4 and 5-inch display
- 3.15 MP, 2048×1536 pixels back and 1.5 megapixel front camera.
Problem with Nokia X.
This handset comes with the conventional Nokia features and qualities: normal Nokia features, trademark and durability among others. However the major problem with it, is that it doesn’t have the Google play services installed. Even though you can still download other Android apps from Yandex store, but for those who would like to get Google play on their phone, you have to first root your Nokia X handset.
Requirements For Rooting Your Nokia X Device:
To root your Nokia X you are required to have the following
It is important to note that this method is slightly different from traditional rooting methods as the Nokia boot loader is partly locked.
To Root Your Nokia X:
To root your device you need to follow the following procedure.
- You require Gandalf Exploit that is in FramaRoot app, download it.
- Download a root explorer App.
- Download the zip files that are mentioned above. There will be some apk which is needed.
- Extract the zip folder to your main directory system change settings as shown.
- After these settings, restart your device.
- Now Download Google Apps APKs. Extract folder and the install as required.
- Once done, you can open Google play store and login to use it.
v For Google Now Launcher
If you want to download Google Now launcher you have to install it from the files you downloaded from NokiaX_oSmeGoogleApps.zip. Open it to use.
Get your Google play store now on your Nokia X devices and get to install interesting apps on your device. Enjoy!