Samsung recently announced it two new phones: Samsung Galaxy S10 and Samsung Fold. Let’s review these two phones and see what’s new in them.
Samsung Galaxy S10
The Galaxy S10 series is the 10th anniversary gift Samsung has launched. It comes with some new exciting features which makes it better than the previous models.
|Dimensions||149.9 mm × 70.4 mm × 7.8 mm (5.90 in × 2.77 in × 0.31 in)|
|Operating System||Android 9.0|
|Memory||8 GB RAM|
|Display||6.1 in (155.1 mm), (550 ppi)|
|Camera||3 rear cameras and 1 10 MP front camera|
|Colors||Prism White, Prism Black|
|Storage||UFS 128/512 GB|
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint: S10 has introduced ultrasonic fingerprint which is quicker and more efficient than the Iris Scanner.
- HDR10+ Recording: World’s first smartphone capable of capturing HDR10+ video
- Reverse Wireless Charging: S10 comes with free galaxy buds which can be charged from the back of the phone without any wire. Any device (smartwatch, any other smartphone) can be charged wirelessly.
- Fast Wireless Charging: You can use a wireless charger duo pad which enables charging faster than the previous galaxy models.
- 5 TB Storage: It comes with a huge storage option which is even more than the storage option you have in a laptop.
- 3rd Camera Module: S10 comes with 3 back cameras and 1 front camera. Back cameras include 12MP Telephoto Camera, 12MP wide angle camera and 16MP Ultra-wide camera. Front camera is 10 MP.
- No more Haptic Home button: Everything is based on gestures, so, there is no actually need of a home button.
- No auto focus Wide angle Camera: Wide angle camera provides a wide angle base. For photos, it can work fine but, for really wide videos, you are unable to auto focus.
- Bigger notch back camera: The back camera has a bigger notch which does not look that pretty.
Samsung Galaxy Fold
|Operating System||Android 9.0 “Pie”|
|Battery||Total of 4380 mAh|
|Memory||12 GB LPDDR4X|
|Display||Inside: 7.3 in (19 cm), Outside: 4.6 in (12 cm)|
|Rear camera||12 MP, f/1.5/2.4 dual-aperture,
12 MP, f/2.4 telephoto, 2x optical zoom
16 MP, f/2.2, ultra-wide-angle
|Front camera||Outside: 10MP, f/2.2, Inside: 10MP, f/2.2, 8 MP RGB depth sensor|
|Colors||Space Silver, Cosmos Black, Martian Green and Astro Blue|
- First ever foldable smartphone: Samsung has worked for a long time to launch a foldable phone, and, has changed the future of the smartphones. This feature itself is big enough to make the phone stand out in the market.
- Tablet and phone in one: This is the most exciting news for the users to get to experience tablet and phone in one device.
- High price: This phone is definitely not for the masses as it’s priced high.
- Phone mode is not the attractive: It is an ugly device when folded down in ‘phone mode’, after all – the 4.6-inch screen sits between two huge bezels.