How to Downgrade Windows 10 Phone to Windows 8.1 in Your Windows Phone
Microsoft released Windows 10 Technical Preview as a glimpse of the final version expected to release this year. The users of Windows PCs and phone shouldn’t install Windows 10 as their primary operating system since it may contain bugs and errors initially. It could be used for testing the latest features incorporated by Microsoft. If you are experiencing some bugs while using it on your Windows phone, you can revert back to Windows 8.1. This article will help you to downgrade Windows 10 phone to Windows 8.1.
Must Read: How to Install Windows 10 on Virtual Box
Step-by-step Guide for Downgrading to Windows 8.1
- For downgrading to Windows 8.1, you would need Windows Recovery Application. It can be installed on your Windows PC.
- Now, connect your Windows phone to your PC. It must be detected easily. Else you need to click on the message ‘My phone was not detected” on the bottom and then follow the instructions.
- Once your phone is detected, you are required to tap on your phone model.
- The next screen will show you the software versions. You need to click on reinstall button at the bottom.
- You must backup your phone before proceeding further as suggested by a disclaimer appearing at the bottom. Tap “Continue” at the bottom of the screen.
- The recovery tool will download and install the firmware for you. This process will take a while depending upon your internet connection. The total size of the installation files is 1.7GB. Make sure that the USB cable is not disconnected throughout this process.
- The process will complete without any error. At the end, you will receive a message “Operation successfully completed”.
You should be careful while doing this process since all the data will be wiped out. It is better to backup all your important stuff on your external microSD card. You must wait for more stable version of Windows 10 before upgrading to it. Till that, it is wise to downgrade Windows 10 phone to Windows 8.1.